Friday, November 23, 2012

Watched

A feeling of dread,
a thundering chill,
a momentary panic.
I jolt from a dead sleep,
glancing at the window,
feaing the sight
that lies behind.
A feeling of being watched,
the sound of a voice
a whisper of promises
a menacing leering.
The voice of ages,
the sound of horror films
that voice inside you
the viewer screaming
don't go in the door
don't go down the hall
don't explore the darkness
and ignoring the voice
I reach for the shade
fearing the unknown
but having to see.
Brushing the shade aside
I gasp.
Darkness greets me
and nothing else
my panic alone
to comfort my fear.
I slide the window shut
to prevent further dreams
further sounds
and noises
to lead me to fear.
I restlessly slept
and as the sun arose
I woke
with shadows under my eyes
I looked to my side
to find my window opened
and note pinned to my shirt
that said
I'm still watching.


No comments:

Post a Comment