Monday, November 26, 2012

Make Me

Wakened by a cold sweat
restless nightmares, an empty embrace
the arms of darkness
leave me wanting more.
Songs breaking hearts
reminding me of happy times
of a time spent
with your smile.
I still remember everything
your favorite color,
proudest moment
purest laugh.
But your face fades,
everyday my memory
burned a little less
with your image.
You said forever
 you broke my heart.
You left me in the dark,
alone with nothing,
but these nights.
You asked me if I'd like an adventure
if I would be your princess
if I would ride away with you
and I told you I'd go anywhere
anywhere as long as
I was with you.
But then one day
you were no longer there.
Given the chance,
brokenheart or breath
I would have begged you
To take me with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment