Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Unconscious Goodbye

Darkness courses through my veins,
the very blood of my body,
my own life force turned cold,
by the bitterness of the past.
Even in harbored fantasy,
I lay tossing and turning
reliving nightmares that never end,
tormenting me even when I am awake.
The bittersweet symphony of strength
the living after the death of a childhood
playing over and over in my head
like the record from hell
that is stuck on a loop.
Curses spew from nowhere
plagues of visions of blood and lights.
Dark clouds hover above my head
and drowning I reach up,
grasping at air because nothing is there.
No one to catch me as I fall.
Smoke lingers in the air,
wafting through the breeze,
like a burned memory upon my mind
branding me with the ever knowing
"B"
Never to be whole again,
cursing the existance that I am forced to continue,
like a slave in shackles
I am a lone soldier fighting a battle
against an army of guilt, pain, and memory
slowing giving ground,
until one day the cloud will rain,
and the soldier will fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment