Friday, December 7, 2012

Silly Intuition

These silly games we play,
toying with our hearts,
touching, laughing, joking
til it all comes torn apart.
The jumping through the hoops
and the teasing that we share,
that only lead to drama,
heartbreak and despair.
A hope for something more,
which died so long ago,
a teasing of a future,
when you know the answer's no.
A cruel tempting of fate,
a sick vision of love,
the dreaming of joining paths,
a gift sent from above.
This feeling that I get,
that you could be the one for me,
is simply a girlish wonder
that anyone can see.
I have this confusing notion
that the world is full of light
when I know, from my experience,
that this notion is not right.
I want to see the light again,
from childish, hopeful eyes,
a view that I have missed, so long,
that with my childhood died.

No comments:

Post a Comment