Monday, June 6, 2011

Suicide Letters

I wandered around aimlessly,
without a single care.
I did not know where I was
or how I'd gotten there.
Who I was or might have been
a matter of little care.
For I walked as though I flew
gliding along the air.
A funny numbing feeling,
as I flitter, as I fly
And for once a tear does not linger
for both my eyes run dry.
A scent a lot like copper,
fills my sense of smell
but from where the copper comes from
I, for one, could not tell.
I glide into a room,
met with a sudden chilly gust
to see a body abandoned
in a state of misused lust.
Sticky copper life force
covers wrists, hands and face,
and it has pooled upon the floor
of this dark and evil place.
Skin quite fair in color
with black hair, far from fine.
And looking at the body's face
I find it matches mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment